Wednesday 4 January 2012

Picnicing with Friends


I'm in love with picnic dates that consist of simple indulgences like soft cheese, chocolate, wine , a tub of ice cream and a good book that makes you forget the rest of the world and all that it is and isn't . I love that  moment you take your eyes away from the written word to discover you missed lunch and dinner is just around the corner. To realise the people who were sitting near you are no longer the same crowd but have changed  in size, shape and age. 
 


 
 

An afternoon of reading for me is one of the greatest opportunities for adventure and escape.



4 comments:

  1. You write about reading so beautifully! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agreed - there really are few things quite like lying on a rug by the water under an old tree and reading someone else's story. I can walk away from those times feeling more relaxed then a full nights sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent most of today reading 1 of my favourite authors. He is probably not the type of author you would enjoy, but he does for me what your favourite authors do for you! I lose myself in his adventures, somehow picturing myself on the bridge of one of his boats or flying down the road in 1 of his restored classic cars! The sun was shining & it was only 6 degrees F outside. Yet it was a glorious day spent drinking hot tea in the sunshine and thoroughly immersing myself in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a divine way to spend time nestled under a beautiful tree, and lost in the magic of your favourite book...i just finished reading....a book a friend of mine wrote Signposts in life by Shirley Darby, an excellent read

    ReplyDelete